How to handle literature on the topic?
If you are lucky to find works of other scientists that left monographs or dissertations links to other sources at the end of their articles, then you should immediately begin your own search for literature from them. If you do not have any initial information at all, then it would be best to check reference books and encyclopedias, since they may contain all the necessary clues.
The correct design of the bibliography
The bibliographic list, like all other parts of the master’s thesis, is made in a certain way. It is worth remembering that the list must contain at least forty items. The bibliography can be arranged both in alphabetical order and in priority. As a rule, in the list itself information about the literary source is listed in the following sequence: the author’s surname and initials, the name of the source, the city of the publisher and the year of publication, and then the number of pages.
Applications are not required when writing a master’s thesis. Moreover, there is no exact information about how many exactly they should be. But if you decided to insert them into your work, then remember that:
- Pages on which applications are placed should have continuous numbering.
- All attachments should be numbered and headlined. In addition, they must be decorated links in the text of your scientific research.
- As we said a little earlier, applications are not required. Usually, bulky material is taken out of them, which for some reason did not work out organically to fit into the main part of the work.
To conclude this article, I would like to say that writing a thesis is a difficult, multi-level work that you have to start writing as early as possible to prevent most problems, which usually arise because of panic and haste when there is too little time.
Starting work on a master’s thesis, try to use the following algorithm:
- Choose to start a supervisor and a theme for writing a master’s.
- Make a list of references and work it out.
- Then chart a preliminary plan and coordinate it with your supervisor. And only after that, start writing the work itself.