The supervisor may appeal to a student with the request to make abstracts to the course, thesis or dissertation work he has completed.
Drawing up theses is often an integral part of research papers. Theses help to quickly get acquainted with the essence of the study, briefly describe its course and critical points. The volume of theses is 2-3 pages.
The structure of this part includes the following elements:
- Introduction. In this section, it is necessary to very briefly reflect the main content of the course, thesis or dissertation work. Here it is necessary to emphasize the relevance, significance, degree of study, the purpose and objectives of the project, to identify the problem.
- Theory. In this part of the student must rely on the basic definitions, without which it is impossible to understand the essence of the study, to understand it.
- Practice. Here the author will have to describe his experiment. To do this, it is enough to show which events were organized (a clear sequence of actions) and what they led to. It is important to indicate on which methodology the practical part of the research was based.
- results. This section actually represents the conclusions of the author, to which he came during the implementation of the Experiment. Here is a brief analysis of the results obtained during the ongoing activities. Briefly form the results of the activities of the researcher, you can use a chart or table, chart or graph. Be sure to indicate what results were achieved and under what conditions. If mistakes do exist, then it is necessary to analyze them, take into account the data obtained with the applicable standards.
- Conclusion. In this part, the author will have to reflect his own point of view, which was formed during the study. The student must give a brief answer whether he has reached the goal, and also answer the question posed in the title of the chosen topic. On this part of the theses several proposals are given. But it should be no more than 3-5. If possible, prospects for further work should be shown.
How to handle literature on the topic?
If you are lucky to find works of other scientists that left monographs or dissertations links to other sources at the end of their articles, then you should immediately begin your own search for literature from them. If you do not have any initial information at all, then it would be best to check reference books and encyclopedias, since they may contain all the necessary clues.
The correct design of the bibliography
The bibliographic list, like all other parts of the master’s thesis, is made in a certain way. It is worth remembering that the list must contain at least forty items. The bibliography can be arranged both in alphabetical order and in priority. As a rule, in the list itself information about the literary source is listed in the following sequence: the author’s surname and initials, the name of the source, the city of the publisher and the year of publication, and then the number of pages.
Applications are not required when writing a master’s thesis. Moreover, there is no exact information about how many exactly they should be. But if you decided to insert them into your work, then remember that:
- Pages on which applications are placed should have continuous numbering.
- All attachments should be numbered and headlined. In addition, they must be decorated links in the text of your scientific research.
- As we said a little earlier, applications are not required. Usually, bulky material is taken out of them, which for some reason did not work out organically to fit into the main part of the work.
To conclude this article, I would like to say that writing a thesis is a difficult, multi-level work that you have to start writing as early as possible to prevent most problems, which usually arise because of panic and haste when there is too little time.
Starting work on a master’s thesis, try to use the following algorithm:
- Choose to start a supervisor and a theme for writing a master’s.
- Make a list of references and work it out.
- Then chart a preliminary plan and coordinate it with your supervisor. And only after that, start writing the work itself.
Master’s thesis is a research work, after which the student is awarded a master’s degree. It is best to prepare for this type of scientific work for a year and a half before its protection. Then you will have enough time to thoroughly and calmly choose a topic for work, draw up a plan, select the necessary literature, etc.
As a rule, the supervisor proposes to the undergraduate to choose a topic for writing a thesis in the first month of study in the magistracy. In this case, you can go the following four ways:
- Analyze a specific aspect of a particular branch of knowledge.
- Try to solve a narrowly focused problem.
Write a paper on the subject you were engaged in earlier, but only if you can add something new to it.
The student can choose a topic with his teacher, and also find it on his own. Often, teachers go to meet their students and take quite favorably their options.
Proper justification of the topic
When the topic has already been chosen, the undergraduate, along with his supervisor, begin to discuss the various nuances of future work. As a rule, it all starts with the substantiation of the topic, since it is precisely on its basis that the research goal, its task, relevance, and so on are derived.
In order to properly substantiate a topic, it is necessary to trace its connection with other studies of a similar genre. To do this, the applicant analyzes the information available on the Internet and in libraries on this issue and then makes a rough plan to know which direction to go next.
What are the requirements for writing a master’s thesis?
As a rule, they are as follows:
- Only a person who has higher education can defend a master’s degree. Separately, it is worth noting that you can study the magistracy in another specialty. That is, the nuclear physicist may well enroll in the philological magistracy and vice versa.
- It is mandatory for the student to choose a supervisor for himself, the subject of the research, and also discusses with the curator an approximate work plan. After this, the topic of the thesis is approved officially at the department.
The goals of the literary review are numerous. Most important are:
- Demonstration of degree of independence of postgraduate student or applicant;
- clarification of the topic of the dissertation;
- show the theoretical significance;
- the ability to avoid repeating the already developed topic and not representing an innovative solution to an existing problem;
- knowledge of science, already open to the world, facilitates the process of creating new knowledge;
- focus on the outcome and form a clear understanding of the necessary actions;
- Allows judging the competence of the author, which positively affects the attitude of the applicant in the scientific community.
Nuances of writing
To write a review in the framework of modern requirements, it is worth carefully studying the methodological guidelines of the university and the recommendations formulated by the staff of the High Appraisal Commission. For a clearer understanding of the work process, pay attention to a couple of finished work that will allow you to navigate the most acceptable concept of the presentation of analytical data:
The chronological includes the presentation of the material in the historical retrospective study of the problem, with the authors of the most important hypotheses, available views, with the necessary disclosure of the contribution of the participant in the dissertation in the current picture of the vision of consideration.
Logic relies on the organization of units that describe the object of consideration in its relations with the areas of related sciences and practices, in the format of its significance for the national economy or society.
In order to write a good literary review, one should choose an analytical way of presenting the material by abandoning the abstract nature of the information provided. When preparing a review, the author should link the information disclosed in previously published works, with the objectives of the study. Proposed material should specify problematic issues (ambivalent judgments, little elaborated aspects) in the existing volume of thematic information. The result of an analytical evaluation can be used to substantiate the need for analysis of the chosen topic.
Management is actively studied in the walls of universities and colleges. It is designed to teach students the basics of proper and competent management of all the resources of the company.
The structure and content of the course work in management
The main requirements for the project are specified in the guidelines. In this document, the student will find the following postulates: design of text, tables, references, footnotes, bibliography and graphic materials, style of presentation of the material, a brief description of each section, an approximate amount of research, etc.
Coursework on management can be purely theoretical or practical. In the first section, the student will have to consider the main issues on the topic: the essence, concept, functions, role, theories and methods, etc. It is important that the aspects considered are directly related to the second chapter. As a rule, the author analyzes management activities (organizational structures, calculation of resource efficiency indicators, etc.), identifies the problem of the research object and justifies the need to solve it.
An integral part of any course work is the introduction and conclusion. In the introduction, it is necessary to reflect the relevance of the topic, the object, the purpose and objectives, the novelty, the degree of scientific elaboration of the issue under consideration, the methodological basis. In conclusion, it is advisable to determine the degree of achievement of the initially set goal, the significance of the research, highlight key points and conclusions on the work.
Resource processing and coursework.
At this stage, the systematization of the data found. The student collects the materials in chapters and subparagraphs and puts them in order. Then, based on theoretical data, he proceeds to write a practical chapter. As a rule, such studies are conducted at senior courses in the course of production and pre-diploma practice.
At this stage, the author will have to organize the project in accordance with the methodological recommendations. It is important to check the coursework for mistakes, plagiarism, completeness of the disclosure of the topic, the correctness of the calculations, etc.