The goals of the literary review are numerous. Most important are:
- Demonstration of degree of independence of postgraduate student or applicant;
- clarification of the topic of the dissertation;
- show the theoretical significance;
- the ability to avoid repeating the already developed topic and not representing an innovative solution to an existing problem;
- knowledge of science, already open to the world, facilitates the process of creating new knowledge;
- focus on the outcome and form a clear understanding of the necessary actions;
- Allows judging the competence of the author, which positively affects the attitude of the applicant in the scientific community.
Nuances of writing
To write a review in the framework of modern requirements, it is worth carefully studying the methodological guidelines of the university and the recommendations formulated by the staff of the High Appraisal Commission. For a clearer understanding of the work process, pay attention to a couple of finished work that will allow you to navigate the most acceptable concept of the presentation of analytical data:
The chronological includes the presentation of the material in the historical retrospective study of the problem, with the authors of the most important hypotheses, available views, with the necessary disclosure of the contribution of the participant in the dissertation in the current picture of the vision of consideration.
Logic relies on the organization of units that describe the object of consideration in its relations with the areas of related sciences and practices, in the format of its significance for the national economy or society.
In order to write a good literary review, one should choose an analytical way of presenting the material by abandoning the abstract nature of the information provided. When preparing a review, the author should link the information disclosed in previously published works, with the objectives of the study. Proposed material should specify problematic issues (ambivalent judgments, little elaborated aspects) in the existing volume of thematic information. The result of an analytical evaluation can be used to substantiate the need for analysis of the chosen topic.